Friday, July 3, 2009

Real life...

Today I watched a movie called "Becoming Austen." A contempory movie where a girl from the country side falls in love with a guy from the city, a typical film of romance... I just couldn´t wait to see her to fall in his arms and see their lips to meet for the first time instead of disguising their mutual desire with an exchange of insults. After two frustrated attempts to get together I realized that it was a true story based on the biography of Jane Austen, a great name in English literature.

Movies based on true stories prove what I´ve already found out... real life is shit! just watch Titanic, Into the Wild, David Gale, Olga, among others. Movies that portray a raw and naked reality, without the monotonous happy endings extracted from minds that ironically also live the drama of real life.

I cried seeing all that love slipping through their fingers, watching life taking away the flame of passion that once burned in their hearts ...

Part of me still believes that I can have a happy ending to the tune of Sinatra under the moonlight ... but the script of real life, of which we are protagonists, is not always written the way we want.

No comments: