Tuesday, April 7, 2009

everything is relative

What should we believe? Things are what they are untill someone convinces us of something else. black is black till someone says its white.
In the past they used to say the earth was squared... and who would be crazy enough to say it was not... you could end getting your body burnt by intolerant people who would say you were a witch, a wizard... whatever... but then someone convinced the humanity that the earth was round. And well, ok... its round... I heard that as a kid, for some time at least. The year next my new teacher said the Earth had the shape of a pear... the year next the earth is round but flattened at the poles... too much information to my juvenile brain! but at least, nowadays, if I decide to believe the Earth is a huge triangle the maximum I can get is being known as lunatic...

We are kind of conditioned to believe what people tell us to. Its easier! My mom used to complain about heartburn everytime she would have lemon... and holly crap! we would feel this having lemon! then we saw on tv lemon is a great medicine against stomachache... and it works lol Whats the explanation?? the power of persuasion? what´s behind all those informations? someone wishing to sell more lemons?? lol

I guess my questioning spirit has blossomed lately... specially after I heard pluto lost its status of planet...lol and now, out of the blue I have to accept that pluto is just a... well I even don´t know what .

To summarize... Well, all this makes me feel powerless and controled by other people who create a World that we believe its right there but will never get the chance to verify by ourselves!

That´s it!

No comments: